SENIOR BUSINESS ENGINEER / TECHNICAL LEAD
What the role entails:
As a Senior Business Engineer and Technical Lead you will work with clients to analyse their needs for the development of new or existing applications. Based on business cases and the business processes of the client, together with a small team you will develop use cases from the requirements and model these into high-quality applications. You will make decisions with respect to design and development of functionality within the context of the deliverable application. You will be confident to assume project management responsibilities and communicate progress with the client, deliver workshops and drive stakeholder management. You will also be responsible for the production of project plans and application documentation.
In this role, you’ll need the following required skills:
- Thorough understanding of the software development life cycle, including but not limited to client requirements gathering, data modelling, application analysis, development, testing, documentation, system acceptance and post migration validation. You must have experience in the design and programming of software from its inception, including UI design.
- Possess an in depth knowledge of the Mendix Application Platform.
- Strong judgement, leadership, communication, diplomacy, collaboration and organisational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, being structured and accurate, and have the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of executives, managers and subject matter experts.
- Independent and able to lead a team and have the ability to interact positively and communicate appropriately with team members and clients.
- Analytical and able to solve problems.
- Proactive attitude and be willing to make any extra effort required to ensure that the company delivers and maintains its enviable reputation.
Desired (not compulsory) training, education and experience:
- Relevant technical or business Bachelor Degree or higher is preferred, but not required.
- Experience working with the Agile Software Development model; business analysis, project management and sprint scoping.
- Experience with object modelling, or object oriented design, techniques and tools.
- Experience providing operational support (e.g. troubleshooting reported issues, identifying root problems, developing solutions).
- Experience developing web services, web service APIs, as well as implementing code to consume existing APIs.
- Java / C# and SQL development experience.
- Experience in visual programming.
- Experience working with any of the following platforms is preferred but not required; low-code, RPA or BPM (specifically, experience with either Mendix or Automation Anywhere technologies would be advantageous.)
What you’ll experience at AuraQ:
- We value every team member and treat every employee’s opinions with equal weight, regardless of their position.
- Collaboration is a key component of our work – we celebrate success as a team.
- We encourage people to challenge decisions to achieve the best results.
- We want you to have a great work-life balance.
- We care about personal and professional development.
- We’re all individuals and unique, we want you to be yourself.
Apply for this job:
Interested in this role? Please submit your CV and covering letter and we will be in touch.